11 octubre 2008

Amor de madre

Brain, Child :: The Magazine for Thinking Mothers: "At the root of my indifference was a belief that, adorable or not, babies were trouble. They were the thing that kept you from doing what you actually wanted to do with your hours, your days, your weeks, your life. From traveling and writing and perfecting your yoga postures or collecting fragile figurines, from making love at all hours of the day or lounging around drinking tea or wine with a good book in hand. Babies cried and caterwauled, they fussed and fidgeted, they demanded without compunction and ruthlessly denied those charged with their care even the most reasonable requests: to shower, to sleep, to pee in peace. I liked to shower and sleep and pee in peace. I liked my life without babies. My life was a private pleasure dome of self-fulfillment, of doing what I wanted to do when I felt like doing it—or not.
Which is how I got the shock of my life when, at thirty-five, I had a baby of my own and loved him so entirely I couldn’t honestly remember what I thought my purpose had been on this earth before he came along."

Cuando leí esta historia, me pareció increíble lo semejante que es a la mía. El amor materno es algo universal e incomprensible en su totalidad por aquellas personas que no son madres. Qué bueno es ser madre! Gracias, mamá! Ahora que soy madre recién puedo comenzar a entender cuánto me quieres a mi. Yo también te quiero mucho.

La historia entera la encuentras aquí.

No hay comentarios.: